Baker Drivetrain F5R
Add Reverse To Your Stock 5-Speed or BAKER DD6 With The All New BAKER F5R Available Now Online!
We introduced the F6R kit, or Factory 6-speed Reverse, for the 2007-later H-D 6-speed bike. The biggest advantage of the F6R is the ability to engage reverse from one switch in the handle bar area without the need to reach down near the hot exhaust. Minimal clutch modulation is required in reverse to launch the vehicle due to the short gear ratio. We finally got off our duff and are doing the same for the 1990-2006 5-speed bikes. We call it the F5R or Factory 5-speed Reverse.
The contents in the F5R kit are similar to the F6R; door, side cover, countershaft, reverse gear train and hardware. Existing gear set (except countershaft), shift system and top cover will be re-used with the F5R installation. The F5R will be appreciated by those with heavy GVW applications (trikes, side cars and trailers) or those with compromised leg mobility.
– Reverse selection controlled by aircraft grade shifting solenoid & bell crank assembly. Electronic reverse safety lock-out solenoid must first be energized with the provided handle bar or inner fairing mounted momentary toggle switch. Shift safely into reverse every time!
– No need to use the starter motor for reverse maneuvers.
– Includes ready to install solenoids and neutral safety switch wiring.
– Reverse can only be selected when bike is in neutral by tying the solenoid function to the neutral switch on the transmission.
– No case modifications required for reverse gearset installation.
Leave a comment
No comments yet.